This is the Cookies Policy for the website hosted at https://bezerocarbon.com (our site) and our platform hosted at https://bezerocarbonmarkets.com (our platform). Our site and platform are operated by or on behalf of BeZero Carbon Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales under company number 12577887 whose registered office is at Discovery House, 28-42 Banner Street, London, EC1Y 8QE (BeZero, we, us, our). We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. You may contact us by email at email@example.com.
Scope of this policy
This policy applies between you, the user of our site and/or platform, and BeZero. When you visit our site and/or platform, and before any cookies are placed on your computer, you will be presented with a message bar requesting your consent to set those cookies. By giving your consent to the placing of cookies you are enabling us to provide a better experience and service. You may, if you wish, deny consent to the placing of these cookies, however, certain features of the site and/or platform may not function fully or as intended.
We use these cookies and other technologies because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
We use these cookies and other technologies on the basis that they are necessary for the performance of a contract with you, or because using them is in our legitimate interests (where we have considered that these are not overridden by your rights), and, in some cases, where required by law, where you have consented to their use.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file placed on your computer by a website when you visit certain parts of the website and/or when you use certain features of the website. Cookies and similar technologies enable you to be remembered when using that computer or device to interact with a website and can be used to manage a range of features and content as well as storing searches and presenting personalised content.
We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies.These are cookies that are required for the operation of our site and/or platform. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into areas of the site and/or platform.
- Analytical/performance cookies.These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our site and/or platform when they are using it. This helps us for our legitimate interests of improving the way our site and/or platform works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These cookies are used to recognise you when you return to our site and/or platform. This enables us to personalise our content for you, such as greeting you by name or remembering your preferences. By using the site and/or platform you agree to our placement of functionality cookies.
You can find a list of the cookies that we use in the attached Cookie Schedule.
We have carefully chosen these cookies and have taken steps to ensure that your privacy is protected and respected at all times.
When we use other technologies
BeZero uses HubSpot to help us deliver and monitor the communications we send. Their digital tools let us see whether a recipient has clicked any of the links in our email, which help us understand what content that recipient appears to be interested in and allow us to personalise the content of future of our messages.
These digital tools include the use of pixels. Pixels are a similar technology to cookies and we use them in these emails enable us to see:
- if the email was opened
- where the device opening the email was located (based on the device’s IP address)
- the type of email service (e.g. Outlook) that was used
- if the email (or its content) were shared on social media
- if the email was flagged as spam
How to control your cookies
You can choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies and similar technologies but this can be changed. For further details, please see the help menu in your internet browser.
You can switch off cookies at any time, however, you may lose information that enables you to access our site and/or platform more quickly and efficiently, and you may not be able to take full advantage of our site and/or platform if you do so.
The effect of disabling cookies depends on which cookies you disable but, in general, the website may not operate properly if all cookies are switched off. If you only disable third party cookies, you will not be prevented from using the website. If you disable all cookies, you may be unable to use the full functionality of the site and/or platform.
For more information generally on cookies, including how to disable them, please refer to aboutcookies.org. You will also find details on how to delete cookies from your computer.
Changes to this policy
Below are details of the cookies that we use. We have tried to ensure this is complete and up to date, but if you think that we have missed a cookie or there is any discrepancy, please let us know.
The table below provides more information about the individual cookies we use and the purposes for which we use them:
Cookies that we use on the site:
- Strictly necessary cookies
- Analytical/performance cookies
- Functionality cookies
Cookies that we use on the platform:
- Strictly necessary cookies
We use Matomo Analytics for platform analytics, allowing us to identify returning users and session information, but which is designed to respect privacy and anonymise data. More information about the cookies that are created by Matomo can be found here.